2012年5月1日火曜日

if you keep my commandments (John 14:15-16)

"If you love me, you will keep my commandments. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counsellor, to be with you forever." (John 14:15-16)

That first "and" is in the original text. "Another Counsellor" is the Holy Spirit. In other words, in the place of Jesus, who ascended to heaven and is no longer here visibly, the Holy Spirit brings forgiveness and love and life. Thanks to Him, not only the disciples who surrounded Jesus, but anyone anywhere in the world in any age is now able to enjoy fellowship with God. But, here is where keeping Jesus' commandments comes into play. If I have no intention of striving after the works of love that Jesus shows us, it stands to reason that neither will I welcome the fellowship with God that the Spirit brings.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿