2011年10月14日金曜日

hey, thanks

I was up for three or four hours last night, in pain. First, I thought it was heartburn, which I almost never get. Eventually, it felt like my stomach was being twisted like a washcloth.

I tried to ignore the pain for awhile but couldn't. I tried shifting positions. Sitting up. Drinking water. Walking around. Nothing helped.

After a while, the pain got so intense I started to worry. I'll have to get my fellow chaplain to take morning prayer, to give the talk at the noonday concert. And what about the wedding tomorrow? Can I celebrate while doubling over in agony?

Finally, it hurt so much I thought I might scream.

At that point (why did I wait?), I prayed. Jesus, take away this pain. Jesus, just take away the pain enough so I can rest a little.

After one last agonizing stab, the pain started receding. Like an electric stove when you turn off the burner.

Within five minutes, the pain was completely gone, and I fell asleep.

Hey, thanks, Jesus.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿